Support for refugees

Our refugee advice service, delivered in partnership with the Citizens Advice Bureau, offers advice and support to people who have been given leave to remain in the UK.

We can help you do things like:

  • Settle into your new home and the local community
  • Get affordable furniture
  • Set up your utilities, like gas, electricity and water
  • Claim all the benefits you are entitled to
  • Find the health care services you need
  • Find out about and apply for schools
  • Develop your skills to help you live independently
  • Find work, training and education
  • Find things to do in your leisure time
  • Deal with official forms and letters
  • Register with a local doctor and dentist
  • Understand your rights and responsibilities as a tenant

We also run clinics offering advice on issues like education, health access, employment and debt.

Sorry, we can’t do things for you like cooking a meal, cleaning or personal care, but we can advise you on how to do them yourself or help you get help from other agencies.

For asylum seekers in severe and urgent need, we offer short-term temporary accommodation.

Apply for this service